Friday, March 9, 2012

Lavender is such a great all around plant for everyone's garden or flower bed.    Just remember that it has to have good drainage and loves full sun.  It is also a favorite for the bees.  We don't have any bee hives, but bet the close ones to us are getting lavender honey for sure.  It's kind of neat when I'm picking the lavender with the bees flying all around me. They seem to realize that I am not going to bother them.  As I move down the row picking the bees move onto the next plant.  Setting on my knees in that straw is next to paradise. O.K. stop laughing because it is also plenty hot.  I try my best to wear my straw hat for sun protection, but that thing gets so warm.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds, and looks like paradise to me, Sandy! Welcome to the wonderful world of garden blogging!

    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and I believe it is my own little paradise on this country road in Ohio. I will enjoy sharing it with others. I love checking out all the blogs and seeing all the different ideas. It is a unique world we live in. Thanks Frances

    ReplyDelete