Monday, April 16, 2012

Asiatic Lilies  This poor little red rose is certainly out done by the white lilies, but the contrast of the two shine on.  

This flower bed is on the west side of the building so it does not get any morning sun, but afternoon sun is all it seems to need.

The Asiatic lilies are extremely easy to grow and they spread really fast.  They are easy to move and they grow by bulbs.    When I plant them I put them at least a foot apart because it does not take them long to fill in that space.  I like giving a plat room to grow.  

This is a beautiful lily and I put it right next to the pink Fairy rose.  

I love all the different heights of the Lilies.  Just make sure you check what that is before planting.  Another plus is that they have different blooming times.  

This little guy is a shorter variety, but still puts on a show.

I love the white Lilies.  I have always wanted to do a complete white bed.  The white shows up like moonlight after dark.  Maybe this year.

This is really a beautiful color.  As you can see something has been having lunch on the leaves, but that did not stop the blooms from showing off.  I do not like to spray because of the fact that it will also kill the butterflies and the bees. 

O.K. now here we have a pretty one.  This one just popped up among the yellow daisy  plants.  That is one of the joys of a garden.  I love it when a plant travels all the way across the garden and finds itself a new home.  Guess that's natures way of helping us with planting.  

Really hot color with the yellow. 

Here you can see two different heights.

I am not sure these two colors go to well together, but it happens when I buy a new plant and just pop it in somewhere.    You must admit it's different. 

Pretty little pink ones just waiting for the Fairy rose to start blooming.

This is a shorter lily, but it is amazing how many blooms they produce.  

No comments:

Post a Comment