Monday, April 9, 2012

This is the Secret Garden in 2011



 This garden was created when my granddaughters were around five years old.  We would love to watch the movie, The Secret Garden, together so we decided that we needed one of our own.  I have treasured memories of the girls growing up and playing there.  


These plants worked really well together.  I had place the pot of Begonias in the center of the Hosta plant because it had a large bare spot right in the center, but it turned out alright in the end.  

There are also quite a few Fairies and Gnomes that live among the flowers in the Secret Garden. 

Irish moss is one of my very favorite plants and it works well in this Secret Garden. I have tried to have plants which the Fairies  might like, such as the Fairy rose. I am going to plant more moss this year. 

  As you can see I have added a mirror and it simply does wonders for the garden.  This year will be the third year for the new part of the Secret Garden, because we added sixteen feet to it after a wind storm blew down the fence.  


 Ferns are a beautiful addition to a garden and there are so many to choose from.  

 I would like to introduce you to Boogie. He is the star of the Secret Garden.  

He is a very friendly cat and has the shortest legs and the biggest tummy.  His tummy almost touches the ground when he walks.  I think he might need to try eating a little less.  

No comments:

Post a Comment